Before And After Your Life Coaching Session
VAs mentioned above, the coaching plan and follow-up from the session are integral parts of your coaching journey. These progress reports allow you to work together with your coach to get the most out of each session. They keep you focussed on what you want to get out of each session, and over the longer term. They are also a great resource for documenting your progress toward your goals.
Before your life coaching session:
The Coaching Plan
Before every coaching session, you will complete a coaching plan which will ask you about your accomplishments and challenges since your last appointment with your coach, and your objectives for the coming session. In this plan:
- You will highlight your accomplishments and successes since the last session.
- You will document any challenges that you have faced.
- You will let your coach know your priorities for the upcoming session.
- Your coach uses this plan to keep you on track, keep the big picture in mind, and keep you motivated and moving toward your goals.
- You’ll submit the plan before your next session. Then at the start of your session, you and your coach can track your progress on your goals together, and review what you achieved since the last life coaching session.
Immediately after your life coaching session:
The Follow-up from the Session
After your coaching session you will create a follow-up from your session which summarizes what you and your coach have accomplished and agreed on. The follow-up from your session allows you to consolidate what you accomplished in the session. You will start by recording what you promised to do in your last coaching session: your weekly action items, and the strategies you will be using to accomplish them. You will also jot down any questions, ideas or issues you didn’t get to discuss that you would like to raise. This keeps the sessions focussed on everything that is important to you. You’ll make a note of any commitments your life coach has made to you, what your coach did that was most effective, and also if there is anything you’d like your coach to do differently. Your follow-up from the session helps to give you more direction, and it helps your coach to see how you are progressing and how you want to grow.